NSLDS is a repository of information from many sources. Changes to the data are made by those sources. Collecting the data into one central location such as NSLDS gives you convenience and saves you time. If for any reason you disagree with the information reported to NSLDS, please contact one or more of the sources of your data listed on the detail pages on this site. The Department is also available as a resource at 1-800-4FEDAID if you need additional assistance. Your comments and corrections will help improve the services NSLDS provides.
- Interest on a TEACH Grant that is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan will be charged from the date of each TEACH Grant disbursement. The interest rate on Direct Unsubsidized Loans is a fixed rate of 6.8%.
- If your TEACH Grant is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan, you will be able to choose from several repayment plans that are designed to meet your individual needs.
- All or a portion of a TEACH Grant that was converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan may be discharged (forgiven) under certain conditions as explained in your TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS).
- If your TEACH Grant is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan, and you think you might have a problem making monthly payments on time, contact your Federal Loan servicer immediately to discuss other repayment options or to determine if you might be eligible for a deferment or forbearance.
- Defaulting on your loan will have negative consequences.
Information contained on these pages reflects the most current data in the NSLDS database. The data contained on this site is for general information purposes and should not be used to determine eligibility, loan payoffs, overpayment status, or tax reporting. Please consult the Financial Aid Officer at your school or the specific holder of your debts for further information.