National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) for Students
Espaņol (Spanish)
Skip Navigation
Financial Aid ReviewExit CounselingGlossary of TermsBrowser Info/SetupFAQsContact Us
NSLDS is a repository of information from many sources. Changes to the data are made by those sources. Collecting the data into one central location such as NSLDS gives you convenience and saves you time. If for any reason you disagree with the information reported to NSLDS, please contact one or more of the sources of your data listed on the detail pages on this site. The Department is also available as a resource at 1-800-4FEDAID if you need additional assistance. Your comments and corrections will help improve the services NSLDS provides.
Warning: Touring Exit Counseling does not fulfill Exit Counseling Requirement.
Rights & Responsibilities

In accordance with the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement attached to my Master Promissory Note (MPN), I understand I have the right to:

  • Written information on my loan obligations and information on my rights and responsibilities as a borrower
  • A copy of my MPN either before or at the time my loan is disbursed
  • A grace period and an explanation of what this means
  • Notification, if I am in my grace period or repayment, no later than 45 days after a lender assigns, sells or transfers my loan to another lender
  • A disclosure statement, received before I begin to repay my loan, that includes information about interest rates, fees, the balance I owe, and a loan repayment schedule
  • Deferment or forbearance of repayment for certain defined periods, if I qualify and if I request it
  • Prepayment of my loan in whole or in part anytime without an early-repayment penalty
  • Documentation that my loan is paid in full

In accordance with the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement attached to my Master Promissory Note (MPN), I understand that I am responsible for:

  • Completing exit counseling before I leave school or drop below half-time enrollment
  • Repaying my loan according to my repayment schedule even if I do not complete my academic program, I am dissatisfied with the education I received, or I am unable to find employment after I graduate
  • Notifying my lender or loan servicer if I:
    • Move/change my address
    • Change my telephone number
    • Change my name
    • Change my social security number
    • Change employers or my employer's address or telephone number changes
  • Making monthly payments on my loan after my grace period ends, unless I have a deferment or forbearance
  • Notifying my lender or loan servicer of anything that might alter my eligibility for an existing deferment or forbearance


Information contained on these pages reflects the most current data in the NSLDS database. The data contained on this site is for general information purposes and should not be used to determine eligibility, loan payoffs, overpayment status, or tax reporting. Please consult the Financial Aid Officer at your school or the specific holder of your debts for further information.

End of Page